Our current Strategic Plan ends its tenure this year. It has served us well since it was implemented in 2018 and has been the guiding force as the school expanded ambitiously and successfully into the SACE and more intentional and sophisticated implementation of the Australian Curriculum in every other part of the school. We are collectively proud of the significant achievements implemented in line with the Plan, especially in relation to governance and the quality of our teaching and learning programs.
The Senior Leadership Team have been working with the school Board on the new plan and we are pleased to share the working draft plan with the school community. We invite you to read and review it and provide feedback via the options explained below.
The new draft Strategic Plan includes a refreshed and revised Vision, Mission and Values. Key highlights include:
- a stronger connection to serving Vanuatu, including our commitment to contribute to the national vision to become STABLE, SUSTAINABLE AND PROSPEROUS as outlined in Vanuatu 2030.
- a recognition that the type of learning required for tomorrows world needs to be COURAGEOUS, BOLD AND INNOVATIVE
- As the school heads into its 30th year in 2022 it does so with a stronger and more intentional identity. ‘The PVIS WAY’ is an articulation of this identity and set of values – it is the school’s ‘DNA’: how we teach, learn, care and lead. It is the outcome of the many wonderful students, staff, families and community members who have developed the school to what it is today, and will be tomorrow
- refreshed set of values that are linked to the PVIS Way: EXCELLENCE, RESPECT, CURIOSITY, COURAGE AND EQUALITY
- affirms that the school will seek opportunities and innovative solutions with a social and environmental conscience, which particularly reflects the ambitions and hopes of our students