The PVIS Awards
Presented annually at our End of Year Concert
- These awards are linked to the PVIS’s Values. Recipients are based on the guidance of the respective teachers and submitted for verification by the Senior Leadership Team
- Awards 2-5: one each for every year level. In Primary, there is one for each year level by class to honour the composite system.
- Academic Excellence Awards
- Our Value: We value excellence and always rise to the challenge of delivering our best, holding ourselves accountable for all outcomes.
- DUX – highest overall marks in each year level across all subjects based on the data provided in Term 2 & 4 Reports (presented at Concert)
- Secondary Academic Merit Award –: the highest performer in each subject (presented at assembly prior to End of Year Concert) (Secondary only)
- Secondary Certificates for Academic Effort awarded to students who have demonstrated consistent effort and application throughout the year (up to two per year level) (presented at assembly prior to End of Year Concert)
- Primary academic awards are presented at different stages throughout the year in class and in Primary assemblies.
- Collaboration and Communication Award
- Our Value: We value collaboration and communication to work together as one community with one united purpose.
- This prize is awarded to students who strive to work collaboratively with their peers and teachers to build a culture of academic growth and learning in their classrooms. They are generous with their own learning and actively support other students with their learning.
- Curiosity and Inquiry Award.
- Our Value: We value curiosity and inquiry, to empower minds to wonder, solve problems and seek to innovate and improve in all we do.
- This prize is awarded for creative, curious and resourceful learners. They learn with purpose, drive and focused persistence. They display high levels of resilience and seek resources that will enhance their understanding, even when they are unsure of which direction to take. They are open to different ways to tackle problems and keen to seek new ways to do things.
- Kindness and Inclusivity Award
- Our Value: We value diversity and different perspectives and are inclusive of everyone in our community.
- This prize is awarded for consistently showing interest, empathy, and concern for others while acting within an ethical framework at school. They seek and are open to other perspectives – adhering to the principle “thoughtful opinions, held loosely”.
- Courageous Leadership Award
- Our Value: We value courageous leadership to empower young people to influence the future.
- This prize is awarded for high levels of natural leadership both of others and themselves. They seek to take others on their leadership journey; they are happy to take risks and to speak confidently to their choices and decisions.
PVIS COMMUNITY AWARD
Presented to a member of the community, beyond our students to recognise service to PVIS and/or the broader Vanuatu Community. It may be a parent, staff member or someone who is not formally connected to PVIS. The nominee should share similar values to the school, and be considered a good role model for our students. From 2021, PVIS staff will be invited to make nominations, and then the staff consider and vote for the preferred recipient.
The first recipient was Trish Lambert in 2020 for her significant contributions to fundraising and community spirit at PVIS in 2020 and before through the leadership and management of fundraising and catering on Fridays, at Sports Carnivals and other special events. Trish’s daughter graduated in 2019, but she has continued to serve the school throughout the year.