Parent Information and Student Guidelines
Supporting these guidelines ensures that all children and families stay safe. Making sure you and your family understand and follow these guidelines will ensure we all stay safe and know what to expect when using Google Meet. Google Meet links will remain the same for the duration of PVIS@Home.
- An adult must be present with you or nearby when you join a meeting.
- Arrive on time to the meeting. We are using a wait room, please feel free to arrive a couple of minutes before your session is about to start.
- When asked to give a name to enter google meet write their first name only
- Students to have device facing a wall or use a background filter.
- Student only to be visible in the video.
- Dress appropriately – like a casual clothing day at school.
- Find a quiet working space where you have good lighting so others can see and hear you clearly.
- Keep your microphone on mute unless you have been invited to speak.
- No food while on meeting.
- Stay seated and stay present.
- Take it in turns to speak. Use the hand up signal.
- No photos or screen shots are to be taken.
- Support your child to find a suitable quiet space for their Google Meet.
- Assist with technical difficulties as required.
- Must not record, capture or screen grab any part of the meeting – this is for safeguarding purposes.